How to Find “Healthy” Information
Dr. Google’s waiting room is very crowded. More adults than ever searched for health information online and most people begin with a search engine like Google, found a recent Pew Research Center report.
How “healthy” is that information?
Librarians at Werner Medical Library offer some tips to finding reliable sources:
- Avoid using Google or search engines to start your search
- Instead, use a health website to start your search, go to MedlinePlus
Need help finding info?
Ask us to send you “healthy” reliable health information by mail or email. Contact Werner Medical Library:
How can I tell if a website is trustworthy?
- Check the source of information. Who wrote the material?
- Who sponsors the website?
- Learn how to evaluate websites.