Agarwal, R., Mazurenko, O., & Menachemi, N. (2017). High-Deductible Health Plans Reduce Health Care Cost And Utilization, Including Use Of Needed Preventive Services. Health Affairs, 36(10), 1762-1768.
As open enrollment looms on the horizon, this systematic review may help clarify the relationship between high deductible health plans (HDHP) and health care use. While HDHPs appear to reduce health care costs by decreasing both appropriate and inappropriate services, they also adversely affect the use of preventive services.
Candida auris is a rare, multidrug-resistant yeast which can cause severe fungal infections in hospitalized patients. The CDC issued a Clinical Alert to U.S. Healthcare Facilities in June 2016. They have also provided additional information at:
- Candida auris Questions and Answers
- Candida auris: Interim Recommendations for Healthcare Facilities and Laboratories
Additional information is also available through the Werner Medical Library by clicking on the linked title:
- Biofilm-forming capability of highly virulent, multidrug-resistant Candida auris. Emerging Infectious Diseases, 23(2), 328-331, 2017.
- Clinical alert: Candida auris. American Journal of Nursing, 117(4), 53-55, 2017.
- Emergence of Candida auris: An international call to arms. Clinical Infectious Diseases, 64(2), 141-143, 2017.
- First hospital outbreak of the globally emerging Candida auris in a European hospital. Antimicrobial Resistance & Infection Control, 5, 35, 2016.
- Hospital transmitted Candida auris infections confirmed in the US. BMJ, 355, 5978, 2016.
- Investigation of the first seven reported cases of Candida auris, a globally emerging invasive, multidrug-resistant fungus – United States, May 2013-August 2016. MMWR – Morbidity & Mortality Weekly Report, 65(44), 1234-1237, 2016.
- Multidrug-resistant Candida auris: ‘New kid on the block’ in hospital-associated infections? Journal of Hospital Infection, 94(3), 209-212, 2016.
You can also “Email a Librarian” to request additional literature on this or any topic.
A free web-based news service called STAT was launched in November 2015 by John Henry, owner of The Boston Globe. STAT news will focus on recent developments in the fields of medicine, healthcare, and life sciences. To read STAT news, or to sign up for email delivery of their STAT Morning Rounds newsletter, go to http://www.statnews.com/.